Rosacea is a chronic skin disease that develops redness on the cheeks and nose, even on the chin, forehead, and ears. It is a prevalent skin condition in the world, which can happen to anyone, especially in middle-aged women whose skin is fair.
Rosacea usually causes some symptoms, typically redness or swelling, burning sensation, small cyst and so on. Signs of rosacea often flare up and last for a certain amount of time, then gradually decrease and return. Therefore, people often confuse rosacea with other conditions like allergies, acne, or different types of skin problems.
Currently, it is impossible to treat rosacea thoroughly, but it can be controlled and relieved by some essential oils for rosacea.
What are Causes of Rosacea?
Scientists have not found what exactly causes rosacea. However, external influences and heredity are thought to be the primary contributors to rosacea.
Factors that are believed to aggravate symptoms of rosacea include eating large amounts of spicy food, smoking cigarettes, drinking too much, stress, exercising with high intensity, live in areas of extreme temperature and abuse of cosmetics.
Top 4 Powerful Essential Oils for Rosacea
When rosacea come out, which threatens your appearance, people tend to buy drugs to treat. However, it is not the optimal solution as they not only do not handle the root of rosacea but can also lead to side effects.
For a more natural and useful alternative, use essential oils for rosacea. Similar to natural remedies, essential oils assist in reducing the condition of rosacea, as well as other symptoms.
Here are top 4 efficient essential oils that you can choose for rosacea treatment.
Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender oil, with a large number of beneficial effects, is undoubtedly a very popularly classic oil. We all know that thanks to its typical aroma, lavender oil is found in many cosmetics, perfume or aromatherapy.
Besides the aesthetic function, lavender oil also possesses anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties which make lavender oil become a type of essential oil for skin problems, especially rosacea. Lavender oil substantially reduces inflammation in the skin and makes the blood vessels shrink.
- Wet a cotton ball or soft towel with lavender essential oil.
- Then gently rub onto the affected skin.
- Do this regularly twice a day for several weeks to get the best results.
- Combine one tablespoon of almond oil with 1-2 drops of lavender oil.
- Apply the liquid to the affected areas and massage before bedtime.
- Leave it on the face as a mask and rinse your face with warm water the next morning.
- Repeat every night for a few weeks.
If you notice any skin irritation after applying lavender oil, stop using immediately and go to the dermatologist if needed.
Geranium Essential Oil
Geranium oil has long been acknowledged for its numerous benefits in beauty. Used very early in Egypt, today geranium oil is widespread in the cosmetics and health industry as an essential oil supporting healing some skin problems such as dermatitis, rash, acne, shingles, eczema. Geranium oil works to speed up the healing process of the wound. As a result, it is high on the list of essential oils for rosacea.
How to use:
- Using geranium to treat rosacea, you need a bottle of coconut oil.
- Mix these two oils with one teaspoon of coconut oil and six drops of geranium oil.
- Prepare a small jar to hold the mixture and take it with you as a cleanser.
- Apply the mixture to the affected skin 3-4 times per day until you are sure the symptoms of rosacea are gone.
If you are concerned about the possibility of irritation, apply a little geranium oil on the back of your hand to check.
Coconut Essential Oil
Many researchers have pointed out that coconut oil is an amazing oil that owns an incredible amount of utility in a variety of areas. Not only is there a significant value in the food industry, but coconut oil plays a vital role in the cosmetic industry.
If you are looking for a natural essential oil for rosacea that does not damage your skin structure or cause irritation, coconut oil is a must for you. Also, coconut oil also contributes to moisturizing the skin, reducing inflammation and accelerating healing.
How to use:
- Take a suitable amount of coconut oil on your palm and warm it by rubbing your palms.
- Apply on face and massage gently in circular motion for 1 minute.
- Use a cleansing mask to remove the remaining oil, pay attention not to rub skin strongly.
Jojoba Essential Oil
Originated from the seeds of jojoba in the US, jojoba oil is extracted into a well-known product for skin-care.
The operation of jojoba oil is similar to the mechanism of sebum secretion of our skin, which means that the oil does not clog the pores but penetrate them and moisturize the skin, even if your skin is dry. It is also proven by German scientists that using clay masks containing jojoba oil helps to minimize skin damage.
How to use:
- Blend a mixture of 1-2 teaspoons of jojoba oil, one drop of chrysanthemum oil and half a tablespoon of aloe vera.
- Apply the mixture to the affected skin three times daily.
Here we have listed some essential oils for rosacea. Hopefully, through the article, you can choose for yourself a species of oil suitable to eliminate rosacea, a problem in your life.